Register

Refuse removal in the estate

Refuse removal in the estate

Postby Tinki » 23 Nov 2012 13:17

This was once a hot topic on midforum and has me hot under the collar today.

We, and most of our neighbours, often leave out some bags to go with the bin and it is never a problem. Today, our gardener was outside when the garbage truck came by and the garbage collectors told him to call me. They me that they will only take the loose black bags next to our bin if I give them a cool drink.

I have given these guys cool drinks before and get that it is a hot day etc. but today, the 'bribery mentality' just got to me and I refused. Instead, I told them that I would report them. :oops: :oops:

If they had simply asked for something to drink, I would've GLADLY given them something.

Re: Refuse removal in the estate

Postby jplab » 23 Nov 2012 14:01

It is sad to see people taking a favour for granted and the demanding you do them more favours or they won`t work.
Is this a private company that removes the garbage? This should be reported. There is enough corruption in this country! We don’t need it in our ‘town’ as well.

VIP

Postby Amanda » 04 Jan 2013 14:09

Die 2013 kalender..
Attachments
vulliskalender2013.jpg
vulliskalender2013.jpg (173.04 KiB) Viewed 316 times

Postby elzebe » 15 Jan 2013 09:52

Is this not different from the refuse removal times in the 'Midrand Estate News'? How should we know which removal times/schedule to follow?

VIP

Postby Amanda » 15 Jan 2013 17:24

elzebe wrote:Is this not different from the refuse removal times in the 'Midrand Estate News'? How should we know which removal times/schedule to follow?

Elzebe, this calendar was handed out at the gates and I received mine from the office..

Return to General Estate Related Banter